Monday, October 23

The Rapture @ Webster Hall 10/30 - $22a/ $25d

With the passing of summer and the coming of the uninvited breezes of winter, also exiting is my daily jovial temperment. To counteract that annual occurance, my doctor has recomended I reduce my intake of down-beat and ambient music and inject a small dose of dance and pop. "That's a little harsh," I says, as my doctor hands me "pieces of the people we love" by The Rapture. He says, "Listen to this once a week, maybe catch a show and you should be fine. Call me if you start to build a tolerance."

So, I listened to the album. Felt pretty good. Now I'm going to catch the soon-to-be sold-out Webster Hall show. They are playing this concert before playing a sold out Bowery on openining night of the CMJ Music Marathon(check back for more coverage). If you are feeling the winter blues comming, or you just want to dance, I think you should come too!

Check out their funky website.

Listen to their tunes and become their friends on myspace.

Get tickets to the show here.

Thank us for the info by leaving a comment!

No comments: