Monday, September 11

Phoenix @ Webster Hall - 9/12

I can still remember the exact place I was when I first heard Phoenix, which is saying something, since sometimes I can’t even remember my own mother’s birthday. (Since my mom sometimes reads my blog, I’m going to go on record saying I have not had one of those times in a long while). Ok, so I know my priorities are all sorts of messed up, but this blog isn't about my problems, it’s about music…and my point, after all that rambling, is that more than two years ago Phoenix grabbed my attention with the track “If I Ever Feel Better.” Well before the release of their latest album “It’s Never Been Like That.” Well before Sofia Coppola placed their music in “Marie Antoinette.” Well before they played Coachella. And well before YOU. But it’s ok, cause my job is to let you know about the band before you’re like “oh Shit, why haven’t I heard about this band.” So don’t have an OH SHIT moment when you hear about their kick ass sets from Austin City Limits 2006 - go see their concert live at the Mercury Lounge.

Website | Myspace | Venue | Download | BuyCD | Bid

No comments: