Sunday, August 27

More Good Music under $20

Spinto Band @ South Street Seaport - FREE - Friday 9/1
My am I happy I came across this Delaware outfit. Just in the nickel of time…as I spent my last dime treating my buddies to tickets to the September 26th
Grizzly Bear Show. (that was my attempt at a pun…I need a writer over here.) But seriously, The Spinto Band combines carefully textured instrumental backing with thoughtfully melodic and delightfully harmonic vocal melodies. They truly understand how to give a tune movement – thus taking the listener along for the ride, and they happen to be playing a free show this Friday at South Street Seaport. So that means…you get to be the COOL friend who gets to see the buzz worthy band for free and when you see how awesome they are…you can get one of your poser friends to treat you to tickets to one of their 2 other (paid) NYC shows in mid-october. Just make sure you come back to NYCUG for reminders.

Website Myspace Venue Download BuyCD Bid

Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad @ Galapagos Art Space - Saturday 9/2
Lord-A-Mercy…that’s a lot to remember after a FAT BLUNT, but you might have to since it’s gonna be tough getting into the SOLD OUT - Explosions in the Sky show, and this is the other best show in town. Giant Panda or GPGDS (that’s almost as complicated as NYCUG) has shared the stage with roots legends like The Wailers and jam band main-stayers String Cheese Incident. NYCUG gives all praises due to Giant Panda, and urges you to get a little irie-I and bring yourself out to Galapagos for a good show. Easy Now.


Website Myspace Venue Download

No comments: